The MX-980 is a powerful wand-style custom control designed to advance the state of the art of Home Theater programming and integration. The MX-980’sdisplay shares the vibrant color capabilities of URC’s popular MX-3000 Remote Control with an active matrix LCD that offers a 240x320 pixel window to any graphic an installer would like to provide, includingBMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF and animated GIF files, all of which can be assigned to any of eight adjacent activity buttons.
- The MX-980 is a powerful wand-style custom control designed to advance the state of the art of Home Theater programming and integration. Achieving an apex of power, style and versatility, it enables professional installers to more quickly and efficiently customize and automate sophisticated Home Theaters and whole house A/V systems—while empowering their owners to handle them as naturally as a race car driver hugs the road.
- Ideal for homes with one or more A/V systems, the MX-980 is as intuitive for installers to program as it is for users to operate. Its unique synergies automate and simplify operation of even the most complex home systems. Its many highlights include a big, bright color LCD display, an open programming architecture, Narrow Band RF capability, and seamless integration with other control devices.
- The MX-980’s display shares the vibrant color capabilities of URC’s popular MX-3000 Remote Control with an active matrix LCD that offers a 320x240 pixel window to any graphic an installer would like to provide, including BMP, JPEG, PNG, GIF and animated GIF files, all of which can be assigned to any of eight adjacent activity buttons.
- The MX-980 also integrates more strongly than other remotes with URC’s breakthrough MSC-400 Master System Controller. The MSC-400 flawlessly harnesses the power of sophisticated home entertainment systems to provide installers with options and advantages not otherwise available. It offers triggered macros, RS-232 and relay control, video and voltage sensors, and many more features—taming system complexity, while delivering unmatched flexibility, automation power, installation speed, and diagnostic capabilities.
- With or without the MSC-400, the MX-980 is an exceptionally versatile remote that delivers automation solutions for every purpose as well as superior entertainment. Like the MX-3000, the MX-980 is programmable by any Windows-compatible laptop or desktop PC with a USB port. The port provides access to a vast array of custom solutions, available free of charge using URC’s proprietary Complete Control Suite programming software, available online at the URC Control Room.
- WATCH and LISTEN buttons on the MX-980 display activities users can control. When a user wants to watch something else (a DVD, a videotape or an HDTV broadcast), he or she simply presses the WATCH button and selects the new activity. When a user wants to listen to the radio or a CD, he or she touches LISTEN. Then, with the press of the button, the MX-980 automates the entire routine of turning on components, selecting inputs and favorites, even resetting the lights to the optimum scene for the selected activity.
- The MX-980’s unique Open Architecture PC Editor provides professional installers with new solutions to the age-old problem of automating a central system as well as local TVs, cable or satellite receivers, and even local surround systems in secondary rooms like bedrooms and offices. Using the MX-980, installers can simply select an appropriate solution for each equipment location.
- In the central system, for example, the MX-980 can trigger sophisticated smart macros, RS232 and relay controls via a centrally installed MSC-400 Master Controller. At each local system location, the MX-980 addresses an RF Base Station, like URC’s new MRF-260, which extends the remote’s range to 50 to 100 feet, and eliminates the line-of-sight requirement. In any room with a projector, lighting switch or other IR-controlled device not connected to a central MSC-400 or local MRF, the MX-980’s built-in IR signal is effective at a range of 30 to 50 feet.
- The MX-980 is packed with practical features for users as well as installers. These include a motion sensor that automatically turns on the display when the remote is picked up and refreshes when it’s moved, and automatic blue backlighting for all the buttons to ensure the remote can be used easily in dim or darkened rooms. A small integrated speaker optionally beeps in response to button pushes, indicating the MX-980 understands an instruction. A built-in time/date display, a low-battery alert, a rechargeable lithium ion battery, and a supplied USB programming cable further enhance its ease of use.