Combining 44 speakers, built-in amplification, HD decoding technologies, and versatile A/V connectivity, the YSP-5100 is your single surround-sound/home theater solution. Fueling its 44 individual speakers with 120W of amplification and Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio decoding, the YSP-5100 is able to deliver a full 7-channel virtual surround sound listening experience from just one component. Look to the included wireless iPod dock to instantly begin listening to your iPod playlists, and to the wireless subwoofer adapter for wireless connection to a separate subwoofer. While four HDMI inputs offer optimal single-cable HD connectivity, a variety of other inputs and outputs make this digital sound projector a versatile A/V hub.
The single HD listening solution
The day is finally here: you're assembling your new high definition home theater system. You've got the HD video taken care of — 50" flat panel HDTV and Blu-ray Disc player. Now, it's time address the audio portion of the equation. You want something that's going to complement both the sleek, integrated look and the Full HD video performance of your flat panel HDTV. Traditionally, in order to take full advantage of the 7-channel surround sound found on Blu-ray movies, you'd have needed seven independent speakers, wired and placed throughout your living room. While such a configuration might offer a superb listening experience, the addition of seven full-size speakers dramatically subtracts from the slim, modern look of the wall-mounted HDTV. You need something that balances a compact, contemporary aesthetic with full 7-channel performance. You need the YSP-5100 from Yamaha. This single digital sound projector combines an incredible forty 1.5" beam drivers, two 4.5" woofers, and two 1.0" tweeters with a total of 120W of built-in power amplification to bring you an innovative home theater listening experience. Yamaha's advanced Digital Sound Projector Technology isolates the audio coming from all 44 speakers in to seven channels, directing and reflecting them around your listening area to create a virtual 7-channel surround sound experience. Ensuring access to the full 7.1-channel audio found on Blu-ray Disc movies, the YSP-5100 sports built-in Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio decoding.
Expand . . . wirelessly!
There's no question: you are definitely going to enjoy the full, dynamic reproduction of all your favorite movie soundtracks thanks to the YSP-5100's advanced driver configuration and digital signal processing technologies. But let's be honest, you're not investing in a home-theater audio system only to watch movies. Heck no! You listen to audio from a wide variety of sources. Accordingly, Yamaha had equipped the YSP-5100 to handle audio from multiple sources. For example, use the included wireless iPod dock to stream all your iPod playlists directly to the YSP-5100 without the need for any cables, thanks to Yamaha's yAired wireless technology. Further, a Compressed Music Enhancer ensures optimal reproduction of the compressed audio found on your iPod, complete with improved high- and low-frequency output. Next, built-in SIRIUS Satellite Radio readiness allows you to immediately begin listening to all your favorite SIRIUS stations using your pre-existing subscription. And if local radio is more to your liking, look to the YSP-5100's built-in FM radio tuner for great programming. Again using Yamaha's yAired technology, the included wireless subwoofer receiver allows you to instantly connect any subwoofer to the YSP-5100 wirelessly, adding the deep, robust bass audio that completes any home listening experience. (Subwoofer sold separately).
More than just a super-speaker
We can't emphasize this point enough: The YSP-5100 is a complete home audio solution. Not only does this single unit include a dazzling 44-speaker configuration, but it also has all of the workings of an advanced home theater receiver (the built-in Dolby TrueHD and dts-HD Master Audio decoding might have been a clue). Accordingly, this digital sound projector sports a diverse array of audio and video inputs, allowing the YSP-5100 to serve as the principle A/V hub for your system. First, four HDMI inputs allow single-cable, full HD audio and video connectivity to a variety of devices, from Blu-ray Disc players and HD satellite receivers to HD camcorders and HD gaming consoles. Further, the single HDMI output ensures optimal signal transmission to your flat panel HDTV, whether from digital or analog sources thanks to integrated analog-to-HDMI upconversion. Second, both coaxial and optical digital-audio inputs allow for advanced audio connectivity. Third, component- and composite-video inputs offer connectivity to devices such as DVD players, VCRs, and gaming consoles. Finally, while a front-panel mini jack offers connectivity to portable audio players, a subwoofer output permits wired connection to a separate subwoofer.
One volume to rule them all
If you watch television programming at all, there's a pretty good chance you've noticed a new, and irksome, trend. Imagine, you're just sitting there on your couch, comfortably watching your favorite TV drama when the station goes to commercial break and WHAM! you're bombarded with deafening commercial audio. No one enjoys boisterous commercials, so the folks at Yamaha have outfitted the YSP-5100 soundbar system with UniVolume technology. Maintaining a consistent volume level between different channels, programs, commercials, and input sources, UniVolume technology ensures a pleasant, WHAM!-free viewing experience. (However, if you like your TV shows with WHAM!, the UniVolume feature can be turned off.)
Sure, with its 7-channel virtual surround sound, HD decoding technologies, and slim enclosure, the YSP-5100 is the perfect match to your HDTV . . . but does it match your living room? Now, we're not talking aesthetically, here, but rather acoustically. Every home theater area or living room is different. Accordingly, it would be just plain silly to assume that any given speaker would perform equally well in all settings. For this reason, Yamaha has equipped the YSP-5100 with IntelliBeam technology. This automated system calibration technology uses an included microphone to measure the specific acoustic properties of your listening area, and then customizes the YSP-5100's performance for optimal performance in that environment.
Included with purchase
The following items are included with the purchase of the Yamaha YSP-5100: YSP-5100 digital sound projector, YIT-W10 wireless iPod dock, SKW-W10 wireless subwoofer receiver, IntelliBeam calibration microphone.
- Output power: 120W total: 2W x 40 + 20W x 2 / Digital amplifier; high-efficiency power supply
- Decoding processing: Dolby TrueHD, Pro Logic IIx / dts-HD Master audio, Neo:6
- Beam drivers: 40 x 1.5" speaker drivers (magnetically shielded)
- Tweeters: 2 x 1.0" balanced dome tweeters (magneticaly shielded)
- Woofers: 2 x 4.5" woofer drivers (magnetically shielded)
- Best video connections: 4 HDMI inputs, 1 output
- Digital audio connections: 2 optical inputs / 1 coaxial input
- Other connections: 1 component-video in / 1 composite-vide in, 1 out / 2 analog audio inputs / Front-panel mini jack / 1 subwoofer out / 1 RS-232c
- Control system: On-screen display with set-up menu
- Remote control: Preset remote control included
- 7.1-channel audio output capability
- yAired wireless technology
- iPod readiness: Wireless YIT-W10 iPod dock included (supports iPod and iPhone, see below)
- Wireless subwoofer capability: Wireless SKW-W10 receiver included for use with separate subwoofer
- Room calibration: IntelliBeam Automated System Calibration
- Audio features: Compressed Music Enhancer / UniVolume volume control
- Radio: Built-in FM tuner / SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
- Video features: HDMI 1080p switching (24Hz, 60Hz refresh rates) / Analog-to-HDMI video upconversion
- Surround programs: 11 total, including 3 movie, 3 music, and 5 entertainment modes
- Audio modes: 5Beam mode / 3Beam mode / Stereo + 3Beam mode / Stereo mode
- Cinema DSP Digital
- Installation: Wall mountable / Shelf or rack placement
- Design: Thin, elegant enclosure complements flat panel HDTV designs
- Night listening mode: Adaptive DRC
- 3 memory settings
- Parameter settings
- Horizontal and vertical angle adjustment
- IR pass through
- Supported iPhone models: iPhone / iPhone 3G / iPhone 3GS
- Supported iPod models: iPod (5th gen) / iPod classic / iPod nano / iPod touch
- Dimensions: 47.25" W x 8.38" H x 3.5" D, sound projector / 1.75" W x 0.88" H x 3.25" D, iPod dock / 4.88" W x 2.25" H x 4.88" D, wireless sub receiver
- Weight: 24.2 lbs, sound projector / 1.02 oz, iPod dock / 1.8 lbs, wireless sub receiver
Yamaha YSP5100BL Warranty Details
2-year limited warranty